A teen drama story by Paige Loxley (part 1)


“Can I have a iced mocha latte please?”

“Of course anything else?”

“Nope that's all” I said through the speaker in the drive through.

It’s been a rough morning. I am dreading an upcoming presentation I have in AP science. I'm a junior in high school and they are requiring us to make it. To add on top of that I have to meet up with my ex Todd to talk about my apartment insurance. I would rather talk to literally anyone else about it but since he's my apartment manager and “friend” I kind of don't have a choice. Last year my parents had a huge fight and got a divorce. They couldn't decide who I would live with so I decided to just move out and take care of myself. It's hard sometimes but I have a stable job and have enough money to live off of. My parents send me money sometimes too, but I don't see them much and when I do I usually see them individually. 

“Here's your coffee!” the barista said.

“Thank you!” I said trying to cover up how not energized I am. I barely slept last night working on my presentation and went to a party at my best friend Casidy’s house until around 12 o'clock. It was a lot of fun but I probably should have left sooner so I could have gotten more rest. I am going back over today to sleep over. Most of the time I get lonely at my house all by myself so I go over there a lot. Sometimes I think I am annoying her but she says I don't and she wouldn't mind if I was hanging out with her every second of the day. We are super close.


I got to school around 7:30 and walked in with Casidy. We talked about the latest gossip and the party last night. She soon saw her crush Carter, said bye and ran up to him. I kept walking to my first period class alone rehearsing what i'm going to say for my presentation in my head. Once I got to my class I saw Scarlet sitting at her desk playing with her strawberry/orange colored hair. She may just be the most obnoxious, rumor starter in the whole school. Yet everyone likes her and I don't understand why. She's too busy flirting with her overrated jerk boyfriend Brad to notice me looking at her. When I got to my seat I tied my pitch black, shoulder length hair into a ponytail on the back of my head and set my coffee on my desk. Hoping my teacher wouldn't notice because i'm not sure we are supposed to have coffee in class. This is the first day I have brought it into class. I asked to use the bathroom and picked up my purse/bag and took it with me. I didn't need to use the bathroom but I wanted to study my presentation in a quiet space since the classroom was very noisy. Soon I walked out of the stall, looked in the mirror, fixed my hair, and applied a fresh layer of lipstick in the shade red espresso, and headed back into class. I got to my desk and realized my coffee wasn't there anymore. I cheeked the trash can to see if my teacher threw it out and there it was. 

“Great.” I whispered under my breath. Then I felt a hand tap my shoulder and I turned around to see a boy from my class I didn't know very well.

“What's wrong?” he asked. 

“Oh, the teacher threw away my coffee. It was sort of containing all the energy I will get today.”

He chuckled.

“Oh yeah, she already threw mine out today.”

“You should've warned me!” I replied jokingly.

“Yeah sorry about that. But now you know for next time.”

“Yeah I guess so.”

“We could get It together tomorrow morning If you want. And drink it before class obviously.” he said sounding nervous. I was pretty sure he just asked me on a date for tomorrow. I felt pretty bad considering I don't even know his name and he has been in my class all year. 

“Um sure but how about on Wednesday morning because i'm spending the night at a friends house tonight. So I might not be up in time to get coffee before school. And what's your name again?”

“Oh my name is Hudson.” he sounded a bit disappointed but jumped back to sounding excited very fast.

“And great! It's a date!” he said. 

“It's a date!” I repeated trying to sound cool but really I was pretty excited and happy to be going on a date with someone. I haven't been on a first date in a while. Though it might be interesting going on a date with someone I don't really know. All I know is that he seems like a nice, genuine person, has brown curly hair, brown almond shaped eyes, sort of like mine except mine are green/blue and also has pretty tan skin considering its December. He’s pretty cute. So i'm hoping this date goes well. This is probably the best thing that has happened today so far.


Comment with feedback and if you want more!


Comments

Popular Posts

Hi!